Wednesday, January 28, 2009

School was fine Mom.

So this is a "daily mundane" blog so perhaps I should actually detail what occured in my day today.
I have this dream...That I will actually get up at 6am, walk Moose, sit and drink coffee while watching Good Morning America. Then I will take a long, hot shower that both relaxes and wake me up.
Instead, I hit snooze till about 8AM. Which leaves me about 30 minutes to get to the office. This morning was no different. I woke, sat on the couch till about 815, washed my bangs in the sink and then blow dried them. I got dressed in a very cute outfit...I was surprised that my creativity was pulsing without coffee and off to work I went.
I walk to work. I live in the hustle and bustle of downtown Denver. My morning commute is usually filled with many business peeps like myself as well as the flavor of Denver, the homeless. They definitely hit on me every day. I am whistled at and grunted at, which makes me feel oh so pretty . This morning was just that.
Once at work, I fill my coffee cup (stainless steel, does not hurt the environment) with my Free Hazelnut Creamer and Free Starbucks Breakfast Blend coffee. Then I sit down and check my emails, IM a couple of colleagues and hit Microsoft Excel running!!!!!! Once I had been sitting for an hour or so I went outside with my friend Jean for a smoke. But then another person came outside who we know who can be very annoying and that just didn’t make for a good smoke break. So I came back inside and went back to my cubicle that was built in 1982. Continued working until lunch. Came home and took Mr. Moose out, cleaned up his present on the carpet, and made some soup. Mr. Moose and I watched a little TV and then I walked back to work in the cold. The afternoon was essentially the same as the am. Work, coffee, and a smoke break or two. Although for the last half hour of work I sat in Scott’s cubicle and we discussed how most people we know are morons. And that’s always fun to do.

*K-Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment